Information About You
We collect various forms of information that you give us when you use our Site. Examples include the following:
- Membership and Transaction Information. When you become a member of Red Hat Society, we may collect various kinds of personal information about you, including your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, and a user-chosen member ID and password. We may also collect demographic information from you as well, such as your gender, or zip code. When you purchase a product from us or purchase one of our co-branded products or services, we also may collect payment and purchasing information such as product orders, shipping address(es), and credit card information.
- Submissions and Member Service. We occasionally perform online user surveys. Our online surveys may ask visitors for certain forms of general information, usually about an upcoming event or planning issue. We use this data from our surveys to help Red Hat Society support the needs of its membership and participants. This information is never sold or distributed to other organizations and is for our internal use only. Also, we may collect information that identifies you personally when you send us member comments, questions or suggestions, or if you send to us job applications, resumes, or other business-related contacts.
- Public Forums. Our Site makes forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Red Hat Society prohibits users from using any information gleaned from public profiles or other personal information contained on our Queen Mother Board forums or our Chat room, or other Red Hat Society web services, for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial emails, "hate emails" or "spam" to our members. Chapter listing information is posted on the Site for the sole purpose of assisting members in communication within the Red Hat Society only, and is not to be used to form solicitation lists of any kind. To learn more about our web site policy regarding this matter, click here.
- No Information About Children. Red Hat Society does not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from children under the age of 13. If we create offers and products that make it appropriate to collect information from children under the age of 13, we will notify you of the change in this Policy.
Use of Personal Information
Internal Use of Personal Information.
In general, we use personal information internally to serve our members and enable them to take maximum advantage of the products and services available to Red Hat Society members. For example, we use personal information for billing purposes, to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with our Site, to respond to member support inquiries, to understand our members' interests and other trends among our users, and to create and contact you to inform you of new products and services from Red Hat Society that better meet your needs.
The email broadcast, Red Hat Society News, is sent to users who have signed up to receive it. Users may opt-out of receiving future Red Hat broadcasts by unsubscribing as noted at the end of each broadcast. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your membership, such as member service responses and other administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Others.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your prior consent except (i) to offer you co-branded Red Hat Society products and services, (ii) as necessary to complete a transaction you have requested, (iii) as necessary to perform intenal analysis and business functions, or (iv) when permitted by law or to protect our rights or property. The following section describes these disclosure circumstances more fully.
- Co-Branded Products and Services. From time to time, we provide our members the opportunity to subscribe to or purchase various Red Hat Society co-branded products and services that are offered by select third parties, such as Red Hat Society Lifestyle Magazine. We disclose personal information with these partners so that they may offer these products and services to our members, however, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes.
- Transaction Processing. We may disclose personal information to third party vendors as necessary complete a transaction you have requested or to perform a service on our behalf. In the event that we use third-party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes.
- Internal Analysis. We may use information about you for our own internal purposes; such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, member interest, and other trends among our users. In the event that we use third-party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes. to
- Protection of Red Hat Society and Others: We may disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process or authorities, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Red Hat Society, our members, our employees or the public.
Please be aware that we may provide links to third-party Web sites from the Site as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these Web sites' privacy policies will differ from those of Red Hat Society. Therefore, we encourage your to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information.
Network and Information Security
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information. While we have taken efforts to guard your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Your membership information is accessible online through the use of a member ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
Updating Personal Information
If you are a Red Hat Society Supporting Member, you may view, or correct or delete your personal information by logging into the website and modifying your member profile.
Updating This Policy
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy, please contact email@example.com or you can send us mail to: The Red Hat Society, Inc., 431 S Acacia Ave. Fullerton, CA 92831.