Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I register?

A: Registering for the Birthday Cruise is easy with Royal Splendor Travel’s online registration process. You are given the option to pay by credit card or by check, but registrations paid by check are not processed until the check is received.  Those who travel on Princess and who have signed up for the FCC (Future Cruise Credit) program can use this form of payment ($100.00) as a deposit.  

Q: I see a special on the Ruby Princess Cruise Line.  Will that discount be applied to my booking?  

A: Princess Cruise Lines does release discounted rates from time to time.  Royal Splendor Travel will be monitoring those rates to ensure all Red Hat Society Members receive the best price possible.  

Q: What does my Birthday Cruise fee cover?  

A: The Birthday Cruise fee covers food during your 10-day cruise aboard the Ruby Princess, lodging in the selected sleeping quarters (inside, balcony, mini suite) and all RHS events listed within the agenda.  Tour packages and the Pre-Tour are available at an additional cost.  The price does not include government fees, taxes, port charges and a Red Hat activity fee.  Please add $285 to the per person pricing selected in the published rates for a total amount due. 

Q: How will I get from the airport to the port?  

A: Princess will provide a post transfer for a cost of $34 one way.  Please speak with Royal Splendor Travel for more details.  

Q: What about Red Hatters with disabilities?   

A: Princess has long placed a high priority on making cruise vacations accessible for all guests, including those with special needs.  The company initiated its award-winning Princess AccessSM program in 1992 to raise the standards of cruise ship accessibility across the fleet, while keeping in mind the constraints and special considerations inherent to a ship at sea. Even before this time, however, Princess’ well-recognized guest service extended to accessible cruising.  For more information on their award-winning program for addressing special needs at sea click here.  The Pre-Tour activities will be led by Royal Splendor Travel and they will ensure that any Red (or Pink) Hatter requests accommodations is handled appropriately.    

Q: Should I buy Traveler’s Insurance?    

A: If you are interested in Travel Insurance please contact our partner Royal Splendor Travel at (866) 212-9983 or visit their website at  Royal Splendor Travel is licensed to sell insurance in the following states:  AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, DE, DC, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MS, MD, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY  International insurance inquiries will be forwarded to Travel Guard International department.  

Q: What if I need to cancel my Birthday Cruise registration?    

A: Registrations may be cancelled until January 10, 2018 for a full refund of your registration fee, minus a $50 processing fee. Please click here to read our registration and cancellation policies.

IMPORTANT: Royal Splendor Travel nor The Red Hat Society are responsible for refunds of any fees or expenses outside of the Birthday Cruise registration fee. All other refunds are subject to the refund policies of the companies involved, including but not limited to airfare, transportation, car rentals, etc.

Q: Will there be Red Hat merchandise for sale on the Birthday Cruise?    

A: Royal Splendor will not have vendors on our cruise experience.  The Princess Ruby will have plenty of duty-free shopping choices for cruise guests. 

Q: Can my husband/male companion attend the Birthday Cruise events?   

A: Yes, they are welcome to join us on tour excursions and meals on board the Ruby Princess. 

Q: Do I need a passport?  

A: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security enforces secure document requirements. Only passports or Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant documents are accepted to embark your cruise. U.S. and Canadian citizens must present one of the following valid documents: Passport Book (RECOMMENDED) U.S. Passport Card U.S. or Canadian issued Enhanced Driver's License (EDL) U.S. or Canadian issued Enhanced "Non-Driver" Identification Card NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST Card. For information regarding WHTI-compliant documents, visit U.S. citizens ages 16 and above may present a Certified Birth Certificate together with valid photo identification. U.S. and Canadian citizens aged 15 years and younger may sail with a Birth Certificate. U.S. Permanent Residents must present a valid Permanent Resident Card. Canadian Permanent Residents must present a valid passport and Permanent Resident Card.

Non-U.S./Non-Canadian citizens, in addition to passport requirements please verify your visa requirements for each port on your cruise by contacting the consulate of each country visited or by contacting a visa service.